Thursday, February 1, 2007

Torres Del Paine






Hello again,





As usual (it seems), I´m reporting a week late.

This time, my trek to the Torres Del Paine!










the Torres is a huge (and expensive ) park.










On day one, i saw this:











these are the torres themsleves, as seen after a long and hard climb.






i did this hike with a few Israelis (after staying at an all-israeli hostel in Puerto Natales).






the next day we walked along the shore of Lago Yorgenskjold (i kid you not)









as you can see, the weather isn´t very sunny, but at least we got no rain.



the day after , i went up (again!) to see the french valley:












another hard climb....(this is a recurring theme).












on the last day, we were supposed to go see the Grey glacier, but it started raining. then it stopped, so we got to walking, then it started agtain, so we turned back.




In the end, we didn´t get to see it after all.



It was phisically difficult for me (as I have the fitness of an engineer, as i call it), and my feet ended up sore, my knees hurt, and my toes hating me. But hey, i saw the torres!


until next time,

chau

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems you had a hard time climbing on the mountains, and you did not enjoy the treck, what a pitty.
Continue sending informs and pictures, even if they are late

Anonymous said...

Wow, that look impressive!
Keep having fun while we keep releasing models...