Saturday, January 20, 2007

First post on foreign soil






Hello dear readers,

I've FINALLY started my trip after long long flights and waits.



As opposed to Tel Aviv and Madrid, Buenos Aires is HOT this time of year. You know, the sticky heat of a coastal city.



As I arrived at around 23:00, local time (5 hour difference), I met some of the people staying at the hostel (see group picture, below) and decided to go to a club in spite (or maybe because) of my jet lag.



Bad Decision (the second one for the day. the first one being eating those little ham and cheese sandwiches they serve on the plane). As we all know, dance clubs are dark, crowded places where head-pounding "music" is injected at an unreasonable volume into your head. Annoyed (and semi-deafened) I took a cab back to the hostel.



This ride tought me two things:

First, you should always wear seatbelts when driving around Buenos Aires: the cabbies are apparently half-mad, red lights are seen as recommendation and road lanes are considered to be useless street art. Second: not all cabs have setbelts.

Yikes!


The next morning (i.e. today) was spent in walking around central B.A., trying to understand why 90% of the interesting places are closed (because it's Saturday) and where all they tourists go (Recoleta). Yeah, I'm not much of an explorer.


Oh, I have to add: I had a great steak today... and here's the proof. It appears those Argentinians do know a think or two about meat... who'd have thought?




Well, it's seems you've made it to the end of my first post. I apologize if this was boring and/or devoid of literary value, as I'm saving all the juicy bits (even those from the steak) for my hardcopy journal (which I'll be happy to let you read for amodest sum).

See you next time.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the second time that i try , my comment was not published.
You were not very lucky with your first experiences in B.A.(club, taxi, and closed attractions), only the steak seemed to compensate.
Hope the future experiences will be more satisfaying.
Have funn.

Anonymous said...

Something is wrong with the date an hour of my earlier comment. Now it is here 10.00 A.M., January 21th, and not as it says.

Unknown said...

say no to meat!!
meat is murder!!

mmmm...
thats all i got to say
have fun!!

Anonymous said...

yeaaa!!! cows are cool! (http://www.cowsarecool.com)

dash!

Anonymous said...

Jinji, you crazy club-party-animal!
All this taxis, noise, good meat, why do you need this, ah? forget it, come back here, I'll take your place and suffer instead of you. You see what a good man I am?
So I understand that untill now the score is:

south america 2 (bad taxi, club demetia)
itamar 1 (good steak)

I'll keep track of the score for you...